Monday, May 10, 2010

Blog #3: A Filmmaker, Teresa Almada.

Teresa Almada's films made me realized that color and brightness affect feeling of film a lot. The first film that we saw at the workshop, All Water Has a Perfect Memory, gave me a feeling of something special. I thought that it was because the color of the film was whitish and bright overall. The story was about a tragedy that happened to Teresa's personal life: the loss of her family member, and the overall color in the film created a memorable feeling, and it made me feel like that what I saw in the film was something special. That is also Teresa's feeling toward this tragedy. Another effect of the use of this whitish, bright color is that it made me feel like that this story of the film is fading away, and it created a concept of film that is seeing a part of somebody's memory/flashback. That is why the use of this color gave me a feeling of memorableness, and it made audience feel like that the story featured in the film is something special. Unlike All Water Has a Perfect Memory, the other films of Teresa that we saw at her presentation had different type of color. In both films, the color looked sharper than All Water Has a Perfect Memory, and the color was just like what we usually see in everyday life. The color made me think that what is happening in the films are real and it is about today, not about past. Also, it gave me a feeling of that the happenings in the films are something actually happening in my life. These different type of colors in Teresa's films made me realized that color affects a lot on what kind of feelings film gives the audience, and messages/themes of the film is also influenced dynamically depending on the use of color. It was very interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment